Sunday 18 December 2011

Class RB says "Thank You"

During this time of year it can sometimes be easily forgot that people do amazing things for us all year round. Unfortunately a thank you is sometimes forgotten as well. For that reason we have written people some thank you letters. The letters we wrote could be to absolutely anyone, here are a few examples.



Here's another letter written by Mason.

Dear Mrs English

I hope you are well. I am writing because of something that you have done for so long. I am writing because you have cooked dinner for so long. When it hasn't come to me I am feeling really hungry but when it does arrive I am really happy. Again thank you and happy new year.

Love from Mason


And finally a letter from Alfie.

Dear Mark the Caretaker

I hope you are well. I want to thank you because you make sure the dining room tables are up. You make me put my lunch on the table. It makes me feel like I'm at home, actually it is better than home. I hope you have a very good Christmas.

From Alfie

8 comments:

  1. Ahh bless! What lovely letters! Pleased Alfie likes school lunchtimes, just the part about being 'better than at home' is very cheeky!!!!! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree!!! :) from Emily forster

      Delete
  2. Very sweet comments by all the children. Very proud of you poppy, lovely neat writing.

    Happy Christmas to everyone at Springfield Primary.

    Neil and Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alfie,
    Thank you so much for your very kind letter,
    I don't mind putting the lunch tables out if you eat all your dinner !
    Merry Christmas Alfie.
    incase any parents/staff read this I feel I should point out, I do a lot more than just put the lunch tables out !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly do Mark, thanks for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Class RB. My name is Tasha Cowdy and I teach 5-6 year olds at Yokohama International School in Japan. We will be your quad-blogging buddies for the next couple of months. We are looking forward to sharing your learning stories and achievements through your class blog. I love your thank you letters. What a great idea! I shall share it with my class tomorrow. We also have a lot of people who help us and whom we don't always thank. Perhaps they will be inspired by you to write their own thank you letters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't know you could say thank you to you mummies and to the people in your school too.We think that's a great idea. We like that idea. We might use it some time. From KC

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely message, Mason - after your letter we are going to say thank you to our school cook today! Keep up the good work.
    From all the children in Class One in Cookridge Primary School.

    ReplyDelete